Tuesday, December 27, 2011

DIY Inspiration: Print+Vinyl Letters

I've been about 3/4 wall art crazy over the past week or two. My walls looked so barren. I wanted to cover them in insane amounts of decoration. I thought I was done. I did. But then I saw a 99 cent print of a wildflower landscape at Goodwill. Then, it struck me. I've been wanting to do this project from A Beautiful Mess ever since late September. I figure, I can fit it somewhere, right? 
If you'll click on the link, you'll see that hers is way different than mine: kind of inverted if you will. She painted over the canvas and then removed the letters. When I got done with step two, I liked it as is, and decided to leave the landscape intact. The lyrics are from A Fine Frenzy's song The Minnow and the Trout. (If you've ever googled the titles to my blog posts, you may notice that a fuck ton of them are from THIS band. I need more variety, but I'm on a bit of a kick right now.)
Until next time, shoot me with your rubber bullets. 
-Trina Belle

2 comments:

  1. Is is a very creative way of expressing your passion. =)

    Followed the blog, hope you don’t mind. And who knows, maybe you’ll visit me someday too.

    thebookness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) And thank you for the follow. I'll definitely visit your blog as well.

    ReplyDelete