Sunday, January 1, 2012

DIY Projects for the New Year

Welcome, 2012! It's been an awesome 2011, and I'm looking forward to an amazing 2012. I spent my New Year with Samantha, one old friend, and a brand new one, in their beautiful home. I really wish I'd taken pictures: I mean, this place is extraordinary. They're planning to leave the country in a couple years, and move around Europe, and I won't lie. I'm considering purchasing this house. It's that incredible. 
It was a New Years packed with Sex Trivia, 5 dollar champagne, and getting to know one another. 
I thought I'd start the New Year out with a post containing all of the DIY projects that I want to complete this year. This post will be a sort of reminder of everything that I want to get done, and will help sort of categorize it in my brain. Even though, I'm more than sure that this list will grow as the year continues. But for now, here it is, my top 10 DIY list for 2012!

DIY 1: Fox Lamp by Matsutake 

This precious tutorial by Matsutake is perfection. I originally planned to make one: one of my best friends is having a baby, and I think this would be perfect for a nursery. But when I showed this precious DIY to my room mate, she said that we had to have one for our house as well!

DIY 2: Dream catcher Mobile by Lune Vintage

So I'm a little baby crazy. Sue me. I first saw this tutorial by Jill of Lune Vintage about a month ago. I knew my friend would LOVE this in her nursery, so I most definitely plan to make one before her due date in May :) That is going to be one spoiled baby.

DIY 3: Faux Moroccan Lanterns by Matsutake
A non baby DIY! I just found this tutorial by Matsutake today. I've always adored the look of Moroccan lanterns, but no the price. This AMAZING reproduction instantly inspired me to go to my local thrift store and raid the glass isle. I will HAVE to hang a couple of these from my ceiling this year. 


DIY 4: Kitty Teepee by Violet Bella

Okay, it's less of a DIY and more of an "i-need-to-figure-out-how-to-make-this" thing. I have two beautiful kitties of my own, and even thought I'm not sure they would be as compliant as this beautiful fur ball would, I just freaking NEED one of these for my bears. This adorable little creation is by Violet Bella.

DIY 5: Ombre Denim by Honestly WTF

I love the Ombre, faded denim look in this Honestly WTF tutorial. I don't think I'll do this DIY with shorts, as it's January. But I'll definitely try this out with full pants.

DIY 6: Little Birdie Plush by Viviana Agostinho for A Beautiful Mess

Whew! That title was a mouthfull!! These precious little babies are brought to you by Viviana, a contributor for A Beautiful Mess. I adore these cute little owl plush babies, and can't wait to make them for (yes yes I know) my friend's little baby. I am obsessed. Completely.

DIY 7:  Pretty Bow Garland by Smile and Wave

I came upon this tutorial by Smile and Wave a little while ago, and found it so adorable. I haven't the slightest clue where to put it in my house yet (OMG MAYBE I COULD MAKE ONE FOR MY FRIEND'S NURSERY) but i'll find somewhere for it!!!

DIY 8: Re-create Painting By Rachel Austin

We have a painting above our couch: my first (and only, I may add) attempt at abstract art. When I spotted this beautiful painting by artist Rachel Austin, it really struck me. I love the bird silhouette, and the atlas paper in the background. This painting has really inspired me to create something similar in the painting above my couch. 

DIY 9: Twig Bangles by A Pair and a Spare

I found this tutorial by A Pair and a Spare ages ago. I don't know why I haven't tried this adorable little tutorial, but I most certainly will in the new year!!!

DIY 10: Painted Deer Antlers

Um yes please. I love this new trend swarming around the internet. My grandfather has offered me the deer antlers from the 30 year hanging deer's head from his old living room. I can't wait to get them and do something similar. (For credit purposes, these particular deer antlers are by Cassandra Smith of Etsy.

That's all for now! Until next time, I don't like this new, I want the old.

-Trina Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment