Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Family Jewels

In my last post related to my dear and departed, I would like to share the jewelry that my grandmother left me. This isn't all of it, not by a long shot. But these are just a couple pieces I picked that meant a great deal to me.
The first piece I'll mention is the 'B' charm necklace. I've worn it, along with a pair of her earrings, every day since the funeral. I love reaching up to my neck and feel the warm metal there. It reminds me of her.
The second piece is the small heart. In 1949, my great great grandfather got her that locket for Christmas. It's so beautiful, and I can hardly wait to get it repaired so that I can wear it.
The third piece is the initial ring with the small jewel in the middle. This belonged to my great grandmother, Dorthy Mae Cook. Some of my most distinct memories of my grandmother is of her wearing this ring. It's so nice to have pieces that remind me of her.
The last piece is the incredible charm bracelet. She had three: one for me, one for my aunt, and one for my cousin. This is the charm bracelet with all of the charms that she gathered traveling with my grandfather: he was a Sargent in the Airforce for a while, before retiring. After the service, he managed clubs on bases. My father, aunt, and grandmother traveled all over Europe with him, and this charm bracelet has so many memories from the beautiful places they went. 
I'd like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for reading (if you have, that it is) all the posts that I've made today. I miss my grandmother so much, and I know she'll be with me always.
Until next time, let your love fly.
-Trina Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment