Monday, February 13, 2012

Fauxhemian




Shirt: Bleach dye DIY
Cardigan: Walmart
Skirt: Thrift
Scarf: Gift from my grandmother
Belt: Target
Hat: Urban Outfitters
Glasses: Thrift+DIY

I loved my clothes today. You can't see my lace tights or my oxfords in any of these pictures: I only had like 5 minutes to take them this morning. I was running a tid bit late. But I digress.
I never know what people think when they look at what I'm wearing. No one has ever told me that I look ridiculous or that I need to burn my outfit, but I get my share of looks. Fashion is a statement that we all make ourselves. I would rather look like me than everyone else on my campus. It's just not my scene.
Even so, I don't have a good category to go into. The closest is hipster, but I'm not really good at any of the other hipster activities. (See: pretending to be awesome)
I'd like to say I'm a bohemian: a modern day gypsy. But come on. I'm a master thrifter, but I'm not THAT good. I can't live without TV, or internet, or my phone. I could never live on the land or sleep on the ground in the winter.
I guess that makes me a fauxhemian.
Until next time, bundle up.

-Trina Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment