Sunday, February 5, 2012

Ode to '92



Shirt: DIY (Make your own)
Scarf: DIY
Sweater: Thrift
Maxi Skirt: Cirana

Yesterday, I threw on the most random clothes I could think of, along with my new D.Martens, and bitched it out with Samantha and Ashley. It was only when I left the house that I realized I looked a bit homeless. But Samantha lifted my mood a bit by calling it more 90's grunge.
I was born in 92, so I only spent 8 years in the 90's. I grew up on Hey Arnold, Rugrats, and Doug. I remember the fashion of the 90's fondly (see: Jawbreaker). But grunge is coming back big time. And there's no better way to fill a grunge wardrobe than to thrift.
One of my favorite parts of this outfit is the cute little dream catcher pouch necklace. It was a 11 cent thrift find, and I added the little fringe insert from some of my random leather in the house. I've been looking for the right outfits to wear it with ever since I got it.
In furniture thrifting news, Ashley, Samantha, and myself went to ATS yesterday, and did we find a find.
A record player/radio within a medium sized wooden cabinet. Sam and I have to clean my car out tomorrow so that we can pick her up and take her home. I'll be sure to take pictures when I do!!
Until next time, get your cards read.

-Trina Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment