Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Twisted Thrift

Today I went a'thrifting. It wasn't even planned or thought of. Mostly it was Samantha and me super bored and avoiding sitting at home. On the couch. Doing nothing. 
So I went to a couple of spots. Thrifting in the early week is the best, because new merchandise is almost always added to the floor. Which is irritating because when I have the most time to thrift is obviously the weekend. GRR. 
I got pretty lucky today. Especially considering that I only stopped into 2 stores, one of which was Goodwill. Don't get me wrong!!! I love Goodwill. It's a charity donation store, which always makes me feel a little better about purchasing something from there. But sometimes I feel like I NEVER find anything there. That luckily wasn't the case today, so I figured I'd share.


I love tacky sweaters. I love them. They are a staple in your wardrobe if you'd like to go out looking like a hobo. This blue duck sweater. Dear god. It's so fancy. And warm. $4.


PONCHO PONCHO PONCHO. Someone gave away their pretty green poncho. I need a bonfire to wear this to or something. It's embroidered, and gorgeous, and fancy. And green. $4.


I found this beautiful swan painting in the home section of my favorite thrift store. It's hand painted on a canvas board. I wish the artist had signed it!!! I love when nature is painted this way. I think it's so beautiful. $.79


Non-vintage thrift find!! Cute little floral crop top from Forever 21. It looks like it's been worn maybe once. This is why thrift is so awesome. Because it's new. And CHEAP. $2 cheap.


Last find of the day!! Vintage velvet hat with a braided band. It had a little feather in it, but the feather fell out somewhere between my crazy running around and the checkout. I figure I'll replace it, but whatever. It's still cute. $2.

That's that!! Hope you enjoyed the haul, and as always, thanks for reading.

-Trina Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment