Thursday, March 29, 2012

New 2012 DIY List: Spiked Edition

I've been a terrible blogger. I haven't posted since Monday! My camera batteries are dead (again) and I still have outfit shots to upload from Tuesday. But batteries are expensive, and since I'm broke as joke, I figured I would do a little something else to bridge the gap.
You may remember back in December, right before New Year, I made a list of DIYs that I planned for the year. Well I got a little over zealous and ended up doing almost all of them in two weeks. Oopsie.
So I picked a new bunch of DIYs that need doing, all involving one of my favorite clothing additives: SPIKES.

1: Spiked Phone Case
(Picture from the haute obsession)

I'm all about my spikes, so needless to say, I've been dying for one of these for forever. Note that I don't have an iPhone: way too pricy. But my phone is about the same size as one, and any hard case can be adorned with these awesome things. Now I won't be able to put it in my pocket anymore, but it'll definitely be easier to find in my purse.

2: Spiked Trench Coat
(Picture from Stiletto Chic)

I've spiked my share of jackets. One of them landed me at 4 free Lady Gaga concerts courtesy of Top 40 Countdown. But any crust punk will tell you: It's a damn chore. Leather (even pleather) takes what seems like years to completely spike. This is because leather is thick and sturdy. A trench coat, however, is niiiice and thin. So this should only take around 2 hours to do.

3: Spike Ring
(Image and DIY from studs and pearls)

I've made something similar to this a couple times with bottle caps and clear resin. But my rings were all spikes and no mercy. But I really LOVE what studs and pearls did with the iridescent crystals. This looks like a pretty cheap and gorgeous DIY. And you all know how much I love my rings. 

4: Spiked Oxfords
(Image from heelsok)

I'll be the first to admit what a freak I am about my oxfords. These shoes are my flat-go-to for almost anything. And i just happen to have way too many pairs of them. So I think I may spike a pair. Either that, or a cute little pair of lace up ankle boots.

5: Studded Shorts
(Picture and DIY from LULUTRIXABELLE)

Okay, not technically spikes. But studs count! 
I love this little diddy by LULUTRIXABELLE. I've been meaning to do this one ever since I started following her blog, but I always have a hard time finding shorts that fit my very strange proportioned body.

That's all for now. I promise promise promise I'll get some batteries soon! 
Love love.

-Trina Belle

12 comments:

  1. I love the spiked oxfords! Such a statement piece.

    Wren
    http://houseofwren.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg would love to know how to spike up my stuff.... looks soo good. x
    http://amywithflawsandall.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can do it, lady! All you need is a sharp, pointed instrument to stick through the fabric. Then you put the screw through one side, and put the spike on the front. Easy peasy. You can get everything you need at studsandspikes.com!

      Delete
  3. love that spiked trench! so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ikr? I'm pining over it big time.

      Delete
  4. These diy ideas are great! I'm inspired.

    xo erica

    ReplyDelete
  5. the studded jacket is amaaazing x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post! I soooo love that ring, its soo cool! And those pink high wasted shorts are pretty darn cute too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) And I know. I love those damn shorts. Check out her blog, btw, it's full of stuff like that. She's awesome.

      Delete