Thursday, May 17, 2012

Thrifts and tricks

Have you ever been thrifting, pick something up, and then say, eh what would I wear it with? This will just take up space in my closet for nine years and I'll never wear it. 
In the process of moving and packing up, I've noticed that I have way too much crap. So I started getting rid of some stuff that I never wore, and I've gotten the pile down to a pretty good size. So I've been trying to not pick up so much at the store. I need stuff to wear, but I can' let myself go too crazy you know?
Anyway, I had one of those moments I started this post with a couple days ago. It was a raspberry crochet knit sweater. I loved it initially, but then I thought asdfsdfosifoi i'm never going too weaarr thiiisss. 
I decided today that I was a big fat liar and I wanted that freaking sweater anyway.
It took a minute to find it, but I did pick it up!


The trip was for the sweater only, but I always have to peek through the dresses. And what I found was....oh just beautiful.


This is not the best picture ever. And I don' know the proper names for these kinds of garments. Indian women typically wear them though. It's a tunic dress with a patching genie pant kind of thing. I've seen them my whole life in thrift stores and the occasional goodwill. But fitting in one of these is not a walk in the park. Especially if you've got hips or a bigger bust. The bust on this one is still too small for me, but I can deal. I really want to wear this to the drive in on Sunday. 

Also! I bought a pair of beautiful bell bottoms the other week. I never got around the posting with. I tried to take pictures and do an outfit post, but it was humid as hell and my hair was not having any part of it.
Here's a little snap shot of them.


God my toes are weird.

-Trina Belle

1 comment:

  1. I love your little ramblings, and the crochet top is devine, be rude not to have it.

    Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete