Saturday, December 22, 2012

DIY: Leather Accented Cardigan

AAAAANNND ROUND THREE.
Two posts down in the leather trench sleeve DIY I mentioned how I kept the rest of the leather jacket I used for scrap pieces. Leather accents are still super poplar in fashion, and I freaking love it. Therefore, WHYY NOOTTT.
DIY difficulty was medium here, I think only because the only pins I had to use were four safety pins rather than like a whole hob-gob of straight pins, and because I didn't use the sewing machine. I think, in reterospect, I'm going to use it to go over my stiches just to make it look all a bit better. Handsewing the leather made some sort of puffy parts.The other tough part was that I had to line everything up just right.
Cost was super low here because I already had the cardigan and the leather scraps pieces.
This project all in all took about two hours.
 
Supplies:
1 cardigan
-The style reallly doesn't matter and neither does the color. I got this one at Goodwill (SHOCK-CITY) for $4.
Scrap leather to work with
-All of mine was from the project two posts down, but you can get some from any second hand store leather jacket, or whatever.
You'll also need a needle and thread or a sewing machine and something to cut the leather with.
 
Steps:
So I took no pictures during this process. I'm a loser.
Pretty much all I did was pick what I wanted to do, cut the pieces, measure, and stitch it up.
For my leather elements, I picked pockets, a back stripe, and tuxedo stripes up the sleeves.

I. Love. This. Cardigan.
It looks like something trendy and kick ass and I feel like I can wear it with ten billion different things.
Here's the front:

And here's the back:
 
My face was not suitable to post on the internet. Enjoy my polka-dot PJ pants and the view from my parent's bathroom.
I am super professional.

I hope you try this DIY out because I love love love it. I'm going to do some more projects with the extra leather I've got hanging around, I'm just not sure what yet. As soon as I get done with another, I'll post it.
I also have four or five more ideas for other DIY's that I can do in the next week or something, but I've just got to get to the store for materialllss.

I hope you've enjoyed this 3 post evening! Love ya.
 
-K
 

1 comment:

  1. such a casual outfit! your blog looks very lovely and interesting. im glad if you visit my blog, too <3 keep in touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete